May 26, 2008

RMAF HALF MARATHON May 25th 2008

Kudos to the organizer of RMAF, well organized and one of the best local race that I took part other than those organized by running clubs. Water and Sponge station imagine for 10km pun ada….

Feedback from those who took part in the 21km.. every 2.5km either water sponge station and also got powergel.. wah lah weh… for RM25 not bad ya what’s more with finisher medal, b’fast and health/shape magazine

A total 5,500 runners took part and those who want to run a ‘pelumba haram’ was denied at the entrance… RH wanted to run the 21km but was denied ‘cos no bibs and he has to follow me together with Maryann and stand behind me so that he can sneak in….after the 21km been flag off.

Once inside the run way, we head to the starting point and most of the runners are the RMAF personnel and ‘cos 10km is for the veterans versus the RMAF runners so that they can match with ‘kuda tua’

RH decided to do 21km since its only 30mins late, should be no problem for him as his PB is 1hr 40mins… (I think).

The 10km route … have to pass the Chinese cemetery lah… so I met G Subramaniam who got 2nd for the men’s veteran, and he told me that he ask ‘people’ at the cemetery that he just passing by.. ‘cos pantang.

All in all the race is well organize no complain ‘cos I got a medal for the 10km came in 45th place as medal only for top 50 and its was my best time of the year 47mins.

Maryann came in behind me got 7th placing.

As for the 21km, SM got 6th placing despite twister her ankle a week ago.. but to her pain is no barrier….

So guys have a day ya and c u in the next run
P3

No comments: