Jun 21, 2008

Mulu - Short Desc by Leslie


Leslie and Maryann at LCCT


Hi..

Below is a short description by leslie on the Mulu adventure when he email to Siok Bee..

Hey SB

As you already know, Maryann hated the leeces but she didn’t get a single one coz she had pantyhose/mossi guard/Listerine all over her legs J Imagine a soldier with guns on both his hands and then switch you imagination to Maryann with 1 bottle of Listerine on her right and 1 bottle of mossiguard on the other hand – yep she went on a “combat” trip, and the leece is her enemy hahahaha

Plus she asked me to follow her at the back so I could keep a lookout for her enemies who could be slowly creeping up her legs J

Anyway, I was thoroughly amused throughout. She was at her best “combat the leeces mode” hahahah

On the trip, we both thought coming down the rocky/ladder part of Pinnacles was fun but the second part was painful on the knees/legs and dangerous (me and Maryann fell on our butts a couple of times and my toes got hurt also). This was the first time that I took longer to come down than going up so in a way it wasn’t fun coming down coz I was expecting an easier trip down.

Other than the trip down the pinnacles, I quote what I told Tony earlier “The most important thing was I thought you took care of all the necessities (food, accommodation, transport) well. Not only was it well taken care off but very "quality", esp the food. I love sitting at the bench there and take in all the cool breezy air in the company of our friends and talking all kinds of crap under the sun and cracking jokes. Basically chilling out. The toughness going down the Pinnacles is something we all probably hated but at the end of the day, it is another challenge in our life. A challenge which addresses many virtues - discipline, focus, patience, determination to complete an event and mental strength.

When I drove my car out this morning and maneuver the car through the jammed Brickfields road, I was telling myself "Damn, how I wish I could have just stayed back in Mulu for a long period or get out of KL". I don't miss KL at all. My thoughts were still in Camp 5/Mulu. I love Sarawak and Sabah more than ever now. Maybe I need to go to Mulu again to do some soul searching...I look forward to another trip to Sabah or Sarawak. Thanks all for contributing to a wonderful break for me and Maryann. And a BIG thank you to you Tony for everything that you did for us. Not easy to organize a trip with people from different backgrounds and characters but we all had one thing in common - the spirit of being adventurous. Now back to work in the steely coldness of KL”

There you go a “short” description of how I feel about the trip

Warm Regards, Leslie Yee

No comments: