Nov 12, 2007

Powerman Race - Seri Manjung Lumut - Nov 11












The weather was fine on Sunday for the Powerman Race in Seri Manjung Lumut.

A total of 700 duathletes took part in the event.

We arrived Seri Manjung on Saturday and stayed a nite at the leadview hotel which is 800 meters from the Mini Stadium where the powerman race will be starting.

The night before the race, had dinner with CCHo, Ching Tai as both of them are from setiawan, and recommended us the “Foo Chow’ food and apparently its Ngae favorite local food as he’s one of the clan.

On Sunday, at 6,30am all of us (Eric, Ngae, Wei Kong, Siok Be, Wendy, Pathma and me) left the hotel and headed to the stadium. It was like a party atmosphere where all the participants greet one another and also those whom I have not met since last year.

The race started at 7.30am with 11km run and followed by 64km cycle and 10km run..

For the run its was a flat terrain whereas for the bike route its was a lovely scenic view all the way to Damai Laut but after the 3rd bridge all the participants have to make a U turn and head back to the stadium.

I was joking with the guys that I would finish the race in 4hrs 59min and 59 secs… but on the race day my time was 4hrs 59mins 15secs… wah I couldn’t believe that I would reach around this time as I was just kidding with the guys.

The first 11km I completed in 55mins and this will give me more time to finish the cycling but the 2nd loop of the cycle, I got cramps on my calf and thigh and that’s 15km before reaching the transition area, what more my butt hurts.

There’s no way I going to push 15km back so ‘mati mati’ cycle all the way back to the transition area and total time take is 2hrs 40mins and I got another 1 hrs 20mins to finish the remaining 10km run. During this time , I am like a ‘wounded dog’ limping all the way to the finishing line. Abt 200 meters to the finishing line, I heard Eric shouted ‘Tony, got 2 mins left before 5hrs at that time all the energy I got , ran all the way and 20 meters more I saw the time was 4hrs 59mins 5 secs .. tunr my back for eric to take my pix and cross the line .. wah finally I completed the grueling race.

Recalling where my weakness area, its the cycling part where I didn’t put much effort in my training. Well next year , will take part again and make sure that 3 mths before tha race will train more for cycling.

In the end, its was a lovely week end, had a presentation lunch where the winners for each categories were announce and most of them are foreigners.

Ngae, decided not to stay back instead he cycle from seri manjung to bidor (100km) where I have to fetch him at the Poh Chun coffee shop.

Salute to Ngae, after the powerman race, still got the energy to cycle 100km….
Eric did 3hrs 52mins, followed by Ngae 3hrs 55mins, Siok Bee 4hrs 04mins , wendy 4hrs ?mins , Wei Kong 4hrs 20mins and me .. not forgetting Pathma completed the whole course even though its over 5hrs….
Pixs - courtesy of TeyET

P3 signing Off…










No comments: