Jan 23, 2014

Accidents 'do happen'


Accidents “do happen”

My recall on my fall from bicycle at OCBC Cycling which happened last Sunday, 19th January 2014

Firstly, my compliments to the marshals for their quick effort in blocking the incoming cyclists. It took me 10 minutes or so to be at the accident area while waiting for the medic team to arrive. One of the marshal spoke to me and asked whether i could stand up and walk myself to the curb (as i was in the fast lane) and yes, if only there's assistance. I stood up and slowly been assisted to the curb. At the curb, the marshal had informed and reminded the medic team to come over but it took another 10 minutes or so before they could attend to me. The marshal had to wave and actually stop the medic team who was riding fast on their motorcycle. 


Still at the curb, the medic personnel attended to me and asked about my condition. I told them that either my shoulder could be fractured or dislocated or there were bruises on me knee and shoulder. After putting the sling over my arm, he informed that it would take a while for the ambulance to address me and asked whether i could walk myself to medic tent which is about 800 metres away. Hence, i opted to walk with an excruciating pain on my right elbow.

At the medic tent, i was attended by the medical personnel to clean my wound n decided to go to the hospital on my own.

X ray and CT Scan shows the extend of the injury. Surgeon informed the fall that i had, it like a ceramic plate fall from table n broke into pieces.

Surgery was success with titanium plates inserted with 6 screws to place the broken pieces of the bones..

My personal thanks to those whole assisted me throughout, fellow friends and family members who visited, and everyone’s concern.


Am back to action soon with snail pace...






No comments: